Sunday, January 24, 2010

52 Variations - Variation Four

Research

It was a tough one this week. I had a very elaborate shot planned which involved all kinds of photographic magic and skill. No I wasn't going to bring in a guess shooter. Well, not as far as you know. :-) However, my son had to work on a school project which consumed his entire weekend.

Trying to get time to do the planned shoot proved impossible so I had to go with Plan B. Almost sounds like a had a Plan B doesn't it. Plan B ended up being my taking advantage of the research session he was doing with my wife, doing a "no involvement needed" shoot. The idea was to get them by the glow of the laptop. Below is my feeble attempt at "no involvement needed".


52 Variations - Research

I would have preferred to set a flash on the keyboard (so the light looked to be coming from the laptop) but couldn't as they were using it for their research so I settled for propping a 580 EXII gridded and gelled with a 1/2 CTO on the table by them setting it to 1/128th power. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. At least that is the story I'm sticking with.

I'm sorry to say that I don't have a setup shot. Right after I took the above the research session broke up and both my wife and son were gone. Opportunity missed.

Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed with the photo as I know I am capable of much better, but am proud I kept to my shooting schedule, finding opportunity where ever I could. Don't worry folks, I'll be back strong next week. See you then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As always go to the Flickr set for all project pictures by Clicking Here. You can also find a full explanation of the project along with an index of the shot by Clicking Here.

0 comments: