Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Photography Bucket List

Darren Rowse over at the Digital Photography school recently posted his Photography "Bucket List". I love this idea, listing things I would love to shoot but have not had the chance to do so yet.

As a result, I have decided to steal, ehem, borrow, Darren's idea and create a Photography "Bucket List" of my own. This list will be updated as I can, marking off the items I've completed and adding new ones as they come to me. So be sure to come back often to see how I'm doing.

Now for the list.
  • A Beautiful Sunset: You know one of those classic ones over an ocean or mountain range. Problem it is requires my getting out of the city. Now that is a novel concept.
  • Sparkling Child Eyes: Those eyes that are so bright, so colorful and so sharp they seem to draw you in.
  • A Compelling Pano: Not sure of what yet, but something breathtaking in its scope. Perhaps a skyline shot of Chicago, but there are so many of those.
  • A Wedding: I would like to be the primary on a wedding. This is a long way off for me skill and courage wise, but I would love the challenge of capturing the emotion of one of the most emotional days a couple can have.
  • A 365 Project: I would love to have the time to devote to such an endeavor. Perhaps when I retire. :-)
  • The Homeless Project: Here is in Chicago there are so many homeless that they go largely unnoticed for those of use going about our lives. A while ago I began documenting an idea for highlighting their unknown presence among us. This is something close to my heart as a former Social Worker and is something I feel compelled to do.
Thats it for now, check back for updates. Now you just have to share what is on your Photography "Bucket List".

Thank you for the great idea Darren.

0 comments: