Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Now this is a camera strap.

Those who know me know that I don't use a neck strap much. I do have one, the OpTech POTN (Click Here) strap which is the best I've found, and while it is always on my 40D I don't use it nearly as much as I use my E1 handstrap. Why, because I don't like the weight on my neck and am not happy with how the camera bounces around when I walk. I have come to accept that I would rather just carry the camera in my hand.

This has not solved the issue that I would like the camera on me and quickly accessible while giving my hand a rest. I have tried hanging it via the strap off my shoulder but find the camera getting twisted as it spins when I walk, making access slow. Yes, I'm hard to please.

Anyway, I think I have found the thing which can take care of this for me. There is a new device/stap which may address this issue for me. There is a new strap called an R-Strap which slings the camera across your torso and puts it in the perfect position for quick access. Further, the strap is designed in a way to make access fast and easy. At least that is how it looks. I have ordered one of these and will post a review once I use it for a bit.

Below is a video of the R-Strap in action. Give it a click. Perhaps I'm just a geek who is easy to please, but I think it is pretty cool.

Finally, below is a link to the R-Strap site. Take a look, it seems very cool...but only time will tell.R-Strap Website (Click Here)

0 comments: