Monday, February 15, 2010

52 Variations - Variation Seven

At Play

God smiles when his children are at play...or so the saying goes.

I had an elaborate shot planned for this week, one you will have to wait for. While I was setting up for the shoot, I looked over to see my son playing with a paper dragon we picked up at the Chicago Chinese New Year parade yesterday. Below is the result and for obvious reasons put my planned shoot on hold.

52 Variations - Variation Seven - At Play

I became distracted watching him, it was fascinating. He was having such a good time, making growling noises and moving the dragon as he had seen it moved the day before. It was one of those times that remind me why I love being a parent. His joy brought me joy.

Of course I had to take some pictures. I only had the softbox up with my 580 EXII in it at 1/32 power. So I turned it toward him and snapped away not really knowing how things would turn out. Luckily it was an okay, or should I say lucky exposure. Sure fill light would have helped but I did not want to ruin the moment. The softbox going off was distraction enough.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the shot as much as I do. There is nothing else to really tell, no setup shot or complex problem to solve as there was last week. I needed to take you into a happy parenting moment, I hope you enjoyed this brief journey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As always go to the Flickr set for all project pictures by Clicking Here. You can also find a full explanation of the project along with an index of the shots by Clicking Here.

0 comments: