Saturday, February 6, 2010

Protective Puppy

In Ansel Adams' Biography (CLICK HERE to see it on Amazon) he states how he liked the proliferation of cameras to the general public. He said that these cameras made it possible for moments in time to be frozen, moments that would not be captured otherwise. I've always liked this philosophy and tried to subscribe to the moments in time when ever I can.

The other day my son was home sick from school. It was one of those illnesses where he was sick enough to not go to school but not sick enough to have a bad day. Fortunately I work from home and was able to keep an eye on him. When an hour or so had past and I had not heard any noise from him upstairs I assumed he had fallen asleep on the sofa. So I went up to check and what I found was one of the moments in time Ansel Adams spoke of.

Protective Puppy

We have two dogs. A male German Shepherd and a Female Golden Retriever. The female is very attached to my son and takes it upon herself to protect him when ever possible. Needless to say, when he is sick the instinct to protect goes into over-drive, hence the image above. I count myself lucky that I had left my camera bag on a nearby table and was able to get the above before the delicate balance was ruined and both woke up. Which of course they did when they heard the sound of camera.

Anyway, I wanted to share this as I thought everyone might like it and have similar stories to share. Let me know any experiences like this you might have. I would love to hear them.

0 comments: