Wednesday, April 15, 2009

iPhone Picture Quality

photo

Well I've been out playing around with my new toy a bit and am enjoying the heck out of it. One thing I have noticed is that the many comments andcriticisms about the camera are justified. It is limited in pixel count, is horrible in low light, etc., etc.

However, given all the software (discussion to come later on that) which is available for post processing right on the iPhone makes for some very usable results. The above is an example of my son and which was post processed in the iPhone and uploaded right to Flickr. Using the basic photography mantra of know your gear and its limitations I think I ended up with a usable picture which is sort of fun with the balloon and boarder added. This is a first pass and very rough but I think representative of what can be done.

So, stay tuned, more to come on this and other things as I play more and more.

0 comments: