Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Picture a Week Project - Week 6

Pride:

Picture a Week - Pride

Alright, it has been far too long since I posted to this project, I've been bad, I'm very sorry. However, this past week I was finally able to get out and do some shooting and was able to capture the below. Woohoo, I finally held a camera again.

The above is a shot of my son at a friend's 1st communion party. I call this shot 'Pride' as it reminds me of one of those shots of a restaurant owner in front of his life's work. Now, my son is not a restaurant owner, he is only 8, but the expression on his face is a break from the normal teeth grin he usually provides and the smirk or half smile is as if he knows something I don't - which by the way is probably true.

The shot was executed simply with an flash and flash bracket set to vertical mode. I was playing around with him getting him to the point where he was about to poke me or toss something at me, those things an 8 year-old does, everyone with children know what I'm talking about. It was at the point he thought I wouldn't take the picture that I did. The processing was minimal just a bit of color boost.

As usual, take a look and let me know your thoughts.

Week 5: Victory is Mine
Week 7: Confidence

0 comments: