Sunday, March 7, 2010

52 Variations - Variation Ten

Grandparents

Simple, that is this week's theme. My parents have been watching the project so far and wanted to be in it. However, my mother made it a point to say that they wanted to keep anything they did as simple, "no drama" as my mother said. I could do simple, why not, my son loves them to death.

52 Variations - Variation Ten - Grandparents

Simple enough shot to execute. Two speedlights shooting in reflective umbrellas with the light on camera left a bit stronger so the lighting wasn't too flat. I'm not sure I was successful in that as the light is a bit flat, but my parents seem thrilled with the shot and that is all that matters at the moment. Below is a quick setup shot for your reference.

52 Variations - Variation Ten - Grandparents Setup Shot

In the end it was not difficult. However, I didn't want to draw attention to their wheelchairs. Both of my parents can no longer walk but are no less individuals as a result. Therefore, I wanted the picture to be of them, not their chairs. I wasn't trying to hide them, just not draw attention to them. Hope it worked, I think it did.

As always, let me know what you think. One thing this shows is that I do need to work on my group portraits a bit. I know I can do better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As always go to the Flickr set for all project pictures by Clicking Here. You can also find a full explanation of the project along with an index of the shots by Clicking Here.

0 comments: