Sunday, May 9, 2010

52 Variations - Variation Nineteen

Jammin

52 Variations - Variation Nineteen - Jammin

Gustavo like millions of other children loves to play Rock Band on his Wii.  Seeing how much he loves to jam on the virtual guitar I thought it would be fun to capture some of the essence of jammin on the guitar this week.  Something which has a bit of a Fender Stratocaster advertisement feel.

Above is the outcome of the attempt.  It is a very simple shot, using only one speedlight into a gridded 24" softbox.  But it gave me the light I was after, soft, yet a bit hard thanks to boosting blacks in post processing.

This was not my original plan.  At first I wanted to get a stage lighting affect, but just couldn't get it to come off the way I wanted.  This was plan B, and with the angle, I'm actually quite happy with it.

What do you think?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As always go to the Flickr set for all project pictures by Clicking Here. You can also find a full explanation of the project along with an index of the shots by Clicking Here.

0 comments: